Stephen J. Kramer Architecture + Design, Inc. is a full service architectural firm established in April of 1988 by Stephen J. Kramer, A.I.A. Our staff currently consists of a licensed architect, senior project manager, project manager, architectural interns and our office administrator. While our principal office is in San Antonio, Texas we have the ability to work statewide and are licensed to practice in Arizona, Oklahoma and Illinois. We employ engineering and landscape consultants and hire temporary staff as our workload requires.
In the years since its formation our firm has completed and developed expertise in a variety of project types, including medical and dental facilities, veterinary clinics, commercial offices, corporate headquarters, retail stores, restaurants, industrial office warehouse space, and child care centers. We have completed hundreds of projects in San Antonio and the surrounding area as well as in other Texas cities including Austin,Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Laredo, Marble Falls, New Braunfels, Plano, Round Rock, Temple and Tyler. We also have completed projects in Arizona, Oklahoma and Illinois.
We provide comprehensive architectural services including programming, design, construction document preparation, and project administration, as well as documentation of existing facilities, space planning, color and material selection, CAD services, model building and rendering. In addition to our in-house staff we work with engineers, code specialists, and other consultants in order to provide comprehensive professional services throughout the construction process.
Our goals are simple. We know that to compete in today’s market we must be flexible, efficient, organized and competitive in other ways. To adapt to today’s rapidly changing world, we utilize new technologies available both in the office environment and in the area of building design and construction. Our office is fully computerized. All of our administrative as well as our architectural work is done on computers. In addition we use cloud backup and storage, smart phones, copiers, printers, fax machines, high speed internet, voip phone and voice mail system to keep our jobs and our practice running smoothly and efficiently.
We strive to provide quality design, not by forcing our opinions on our clients but by listening to their needs and responding with what we know to be the best solution possible within the given set of parameters.
Personal service and responsiveness are also critical to our continued growth and success. Our clients can always deal directly with the owner or project managers and receive the personal attention and quick response that they demand. Your project is the number one priority for you and we don’t feel that it deserves any less attention from us.
We provide competitive fees giving you maximum value for your money. You should expect no less. Our goal is to provide the necessary services for a particular project, whether it is only a schematic design or full architectural services.
We see every project as a new challenge. It is our hope that we can impart some of ourselves into each design while forming new professional relationships. Most importantly, we try to make each building experience exciting and fun, both for ourselves and for our clients. We look forward to working with you.
Stephen J. Kramer
Stephen J. Kramer Architecture + Design San Antonio, Texas. April 1988 – Present
Providing Architectural and Space Planning services with project experience in the areas of Commercial Office, Medical Office, Veterinary Facilities, Retail, Industrial, and Residential building design.
Hylton Dey & Associates San Antonio, Texas. August 1986 – April 1988
Staff Architect, Designer – Design, marketing, presentation client contact and construction documentation of large scale projects. Sea World Shark Reef and Penguin Facility, Embassy 14 Theaters, Arion Business Park.
Andrew Perez & Associates San Antonio, Texas. March 1985 – August 1986
Architectural Intern – Construction Documentation, presentation, design and construction observation on small to medium scale government and municipal projects. New Braunfels ISD Administration Bldg.
American Design Group Austin, Texas. May 1983 – March 1985
Architectural Intern – Design, construction documentation, and construction observation of single and multi-family residential and commercial projects. Tom Kite Residence, Roy Spence Residence, John Lloyd Residence, Espey Huston Corporate HQ.
- Texas Tech University School of Architecture – Lubbock, Texas
- Bachelor of Architecture, Minor in Civil Engineering, with honors, May 1983.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Lubbock Chapter A.I.A. Student Design Award
- 1986 Registered Architect – State of Texas Registration #11588
- 1998 Registered Architect – State of Illinois Registration #001-016479
- 2002 Registered Architect – State of Arizona Registration #36336
- 2015 Registered Architect – State of Oklahoma Registration #a6733
- 1986 N.C.A.R.B Registration #35197
- American Institute of Architects – San Antonio Chapter
- Texas Society of Architects
- TAB / The Alternative Board Presidents Board Member
CIVIC AND COMMUNITY
- San Antonio Sunrise Rotary Club Member / Member, Past President
- Alamo Executive Association Member / Member, Past board member
- San Antonio Jewish Federation Committee Member / Delegate
- Arthur O’Krent Golf Classic / American Heart Association Committee member
- Jewish Community Center / Board Chairman 2014 – 2015
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society San Antonio Chapter / Bike MS Executive Committee Member
- Agudas Achim Synagogue Member
- Married to Ilene Belinsky Kramer, 1983
- Two children – Matthew – 1988, Ian – 1994
- Recreational interests include travel, running and triathlon, hunting, scuba diving, and snow skiing.
Brian C. Wiggins
Senior Project Manager
Stephen J. Kramer Architecture + Design San Antonio, Texas. April 1998 – Present
Senior Project Manager – Providing Architectural and Space Planning services with project experience in the areas of Commercial Office, Medical Office, Veterinary Facilities, Retail, Industrial, and Residential building design.
Edis Oliver & Associates Austin, Texas. April 1997 – April 1998
Project Manager – Providing Roof Design, Roof Plans, Roof Details, and Roof Inspections on educational projects, large commercial, and government projects. North East ISD: Lee High School, Roosevelt High School, Churchill High School, Serna Middle School, Blossom Athletic Complex, East Terrel Hills Elementary, Harmony Hills Elementary, Jim Hogg ISD Elementary School, Southwest Episcopal Seminary, IBM Corporation, Texas National Guard
Texas Instruments Temple, Texas. October 1996 – December 1996
CADD Drafter – Providing CADD drawings of existing architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing areas within the facility.
- Rogers & Associates Summer 1995, 1996 Temple, Texas
- Texas A&M College of Architecture – College Station, Texas
- Bachelor of Environmental Design, August 1996.
CIVIC AND COMMUNITY
- Prince of Peace Catholic Church Member
- San Antonio A& M Club Member